Phantom Of The Attic - Monroeville

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Phantom of the Attic - Monroeville

Hello. My name is Roy Thompson. I own a comic shop in Monroeville, PA (just east of Pittsburgh) called Phantom of the Attic. It's located at 3766 William Penn Highway [Route 22] in Monroeville.

If you're from the Pittsburgh area you may recognize the name of the shop. There are three other "Phantoms" in the Pittsburgh area. Two of them are located on South Craig Street in Oakland situated between the Pitt and CMU campuses. Of those two, one specializes in games and the other in comics. Both of these shops are owned by a fellow named Jeff. The third is located at Parkway Center Mall in Greentree [just outside of the Fort Pitt tunnels] and is owned by a guy named Ron.

The short version of our history is the shops were originally owned by a guy who sold off each store individually. This was way back in August 1990. As part of the agreement we were each permitted to maintain the name 'Phantom of the Attic' for individual use. Over the years, all of the shops have developed their own differing identities but few people realize they are independent stores and not part of a chain or franchise. There. Now that the story is semi-straight onto the reason for the blog.

Well, I don't have any sort of presence on the web for my shop. And I guess I thought it was high-time to scratch the surface of it. [And, hopefully, this will get me rolling in the direction of finally getting a website!!] Initially, what you'll find here will be a listing of comics and other items that will be hitting my shop for the upcoming Wednesdays [I do send out a weekly mailer via e-mail that highlights the same thing but I plan on making the list here a bit different than the mailer] and maybe some thoughts/suggestions/reviews/musings about comics. I know, I know. It's a dime a dozen for blogs/sites like this so I'll try to keep it "not boring". Wish me luck.

So. I guess that's as good a place to start as any. If you have any questions, suggestions, or comments feel free to post them in the comments section. Be nice!

You can also hit me with an e-mail I set up for this blog at phantom.attic [at] gmail.com

1 Comments:

  • Roy,

    I just wanted to let you know that your store is one of the best out there. Everyone is always friendly when I come in and eager to help and answer any questions. Great customer service and a comfortable environment has made Phantom of the Attic (Monroeville) my one stop shop for all things comic and gaming related. Thanks for everything.

    By Blogger Sunblade, at 8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home